Top 3 Reasons I should stay away from Danek:
- He’s on a super-secret, important mission for the Rebellion. He’ll be undercover on a hostile planet, surrounded by people that want to kill him.
- He’s gorgeous. Entirely unattainable. Way, way out of my league.
- I’m forty, but I’m supposed to pose as his fake fiancée.
- And he’s a really, really good actor, because when he kisses me, it feels real. When he wraps his arms around me, I want to stay in his embrace forever. (Okay, fine, that’s four reasons.)
This mission hasn’t even started, and it’s already a disaster.
Top 3 Reasons I should stay away from Naomi:
- I’m on a super-secret, important mission for the Rebellion. I’ll be undercover on a hostile planet, and I might not be able to protect her.
- This isn’t the time for a pretend-relationship. With Naomi as my fake wife. There’s nothing fake about my feelings for her. She’s so beautiful. And strong. And we can’t keep our hands off each other…
- This is a bad idea. I know it is.
But the first time we touched, I knew Naomi was my mate. No matter what happens on the mission, I cannot let her go.